App is currently English only: You can dictate with Hey memoQ in more than 30 languages, but the app itself is in English.
How to set up
- Download the app to your iPhone or iPad from the App Store.
- Start memoQ.
- In the top left corner, on the Quick access toolbar , click the microphone icon.
- The welcome screen opens:
- Click Continue. The Settings screen appears.
- To enable dictation: In the row Dictation through Hey memoQ, click the switch. It changes to Enabled, and a QR code appears.
- Start the Hey memoQ app on your iPhone or iPad. Tap Next a few times, until you get to the QR code scanner. Point the camera at the QR code on your computer's screen. memoQ is now paired with your iPhone or iPad:
At the top of the Hey memoQ window, click Dictation commands.
In the Show dictation commands for dropdown, choose a language you want to dictate in.
To change a voice command: Click the Edit icon in the command's row. Type the command you want to use. Press Enter.
How to use
Start dictating into your iPhone or iPad, or use a voice command to insert a translation from the Translation results list. When the segment is ready, use the voice command for Confirm active segment.
If you do not want Hey memoQ to listen: Tap the microphone icon in the app. To turn on listening again: Tap the microphone icon again.
When you finish
Close the Hey memoQ app on your iPhone or iPad.
Network requirements for dictation using Hey memoQ
memoQ connects to this address: wss://hey-proxy.memoq.com/ws/memoq
Hey memoQ connects to this address: wss://hey-proxy.memoq.com/ws/app
The protocol is Secure Websockets. Port number is 443 (default for secure websockets).